Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Day 15

I think I'm finally getting the hang of how to get myself motivated to write. Watching an episode of Bakuman before starting definitely helps. But what helps even more is when I get motivated to write by thinking of a cool scene. So from now on what I need to do is have fifteen minutes or so to think about what I'm going to write in the next immediate scene, and then go from there. It flows so much more easily that way. May not be the best, but it flows so much more easily.

It's been a while since I last wrote, lack of motivation played a big role. But now I'm back, and going to finish this darn book if it kills me!

Today I wrote 1,054 words. Not quite up to snuff, but more than my last few attempts, and definitely enough to make me feel good about myself. now I just need to be sure to do the same thing tomorrow.

And expect a few more reviews soon. They'll be later than this chronologically, because for some reason I'm obsessive compulsive like this, and want to keep everything in planned order. Oh well, as soon as I'm caught up I'll be able to fix the ordering.

And now, have your excerpt.

We sat in the ruined chambers, waiting, none of use making eye contact. I did look up when more Jarv slavers appeared at the door, this time armed with heavier weaponry. They made a sweep of the room, saw us sufficiently cowed, and then proceeded to load us into the ship.
There is a reason we don’t resist. Even the physically strongest among the slaves can’t stand up to their weaponry. And if we did steal their weapons, they would do us no good. The plasma rifles and pistols were specifically designed for Jarv use. It would be like a Tiger trying to take on an army with an assault rifle.
And see you tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment