Sunday, January 31, 2010

Intermenets and Other Things

Well, we finally got the internet set up, and I'm listening to the Fairy Tail soundtrack. I highly recommend it. It doesn't have any of the "filler" music, the stuff they didn't actually compose on their own, and it's very thematic and sets a perfect mood. The Celtic elements are especially what does it for me. So, I recommend the show, it's been definitely picking up steam.

You know what's odd? I've been thinking about Pokemon recently. Love the games, hate the card game for the waste of money it is. You know what's even odder? I remember the anime, annoying characters, lame stories, etc. Couple that with the fac that it's literally the 'Show-that-will-not-die" and has been going on for longer than any other anime, I can't help but think it is one of the worst shows ever made.

And yet, I still have fond memories of watching it as a...not quite a child anymore, and technically too old to be watching it...anyway... Any time I try to give it a gander now, I can't help but shudder at how terrible it is. It's literally the example that shows kids don't care about quality as long as it's entertaining crap.

Even though the characters are annoying, I still remember them with a positive light, it's just the logical conundrum that Pokemon is. (Oh good lord, it's already on my computer's spell-checker!) Well, while I'll never, ever watch it again, I can honestly say that it was the first stepping stone to who I am today.

So there you have it. Now you know who to blame, Dad. (Though I'm pretty sure the Epic Fantasy novels and Calving and Hobbes books I was reading didn't help much. Then again, that is assuming that I've turned into something bad. Hmm...a moral issue worth considering).

On a side note, I've noticed that Fantasy Novels have been getting the shaft. Well, I know I mentioned this earlier, but I've been thinking about it a bit today, and have decided that if I ever make a video blog I'll start one that focuses on reviewing the worst of fantasy literature. In other words, I'll be joining the countless others ripping off the nostalgia critic. But we're a ways away from that, for now let's just focus on blog posts shall we?

0 comments:

Post a Comment